Version 188.8.131.52 UO preview fix
The Call of Duty game series xmodels can be exported to .OBJ format, .X
format, or Maya ASCII (.MA) format for
They can also be previewed in 3d with the built in previewer.
Please note that for Call of Duty 4 and later, you must install the Mod Tools
to get the model files.
For Call of Duty 1 and 2, all the model files are in the PK3 OR IWD files in the game's
8/23/09 - Version 5.5
- Fixed: OpenGL crash after a previewing a model.
- New: Updated the Maya material importer script (ImportMTL1.7.mel).
Materials that are supposed to be transparent, such as glass, are now actually
- New: Export to Maya ASCII (MA) format. The skeleton is exported along with the
- New: When exporting to MA, you can specify whether or not to bind the
meshes to the skeleton.
- New: When exporting to MA, a Maya MEL script for binding the meshes to the
skeleton is created in the 'obj' folder with the same name as the MA file.
Useful if you want to fix a character model's skeleton, and then bind the skin
- New: F2 repeats a previous search upwards thru the list. (F3 repeats the
8/26/09 - Version 184.108.40.206
- Fixed: Message box reporting that a mesh had no joints.
- New: Maximize button.
9/8/09 - Version 220.127.116.11
- Fixed: A bug in the CoD5 decoder that would cause a crash on a few
8/24/11 - Version 6.0
- New: CoD BO support. This version works for the static models, but
will not export or preview the animated models.
2/17/12 - Version 6.0.1
- Fixed: CoD BO animated models can now be viewEd and exported. The
skeletons are still not perfect, though.
2/17/12 - Version 18.104.22.168
- Fixed: CoD UO models can now be previewed again.yhe UO rendering code was
disabled during a re-factoring of the rest of the preview code.
- added a control to orient the model's z-axis to vertical in the preview
- added some turret rotation animation to the preview of a few selected
- fixed bug that put filelist in wrong location when sizing the main
- Download Version 22.214.171.124 for Win7,
This is a Windows MSI installer package. It installs XModelExporter and
IWI_X_DDS. replace your old "XModelExporter.exe" with the one in the zip
file. Put the"itemdb.txt" file in the same folder as"XModelExporter.exe"
- CoD1 and CoD2 character models are horribly twisted.
- All version's
character skeletons are horribly twisted.
XmodelExporter will confuse CoD4 and CoD5 models and not work correctly if the
files are not in the game's installation folder.
CoD4 and CoD5 share the same model version number, but the file structure is
slightly different. Since there is no way to tell them apart internally,
XModelExporter relies on the folder info. If the paths to the CoD4 and
CoD5 installations are not set correctly, and the xmodel files do not reside
under the installation folder, then the exporter will not know which version
it is dealing with.
- Maya often fails to perform a rigid bind when
binding a list of vertices to a joint. For a single CoD model mesh,
there are often many joints with a list of the mesh's vertices bound to them.
Open Maya's Script Editor to see a full report on which binds failed.